Lauren planned a birthday adventure in Whistler, British Columbia. Can you say best girlfriend ever, eh? We had a lot of fun. We ate, we drank, we went bear hunting, and zip lining! Best birthday ever.
Going to Whistler in between seasons was a great deal, but the downside was a few of the things and places we wanted to check out were closed, but overall I would highly recommend going.
- Ziptrek zip line tours – a little hiking with cool suspension bridges in the trees and a lot of zip lines. The longest being 2,000+ feet.
- Crepe Montague – we ate breakfast here TWICE.
- Pure Bread – they sell coffee and bread items. Get an almond croissant.
- Portobellos – we only had coffee and donuts here, but I’ve been here before and it is TITS.
- Garibaldi Lift Co – Gorgonzola waffle fries
- Shopping – the exchange rate is 27% in our favor. AMERICA!
- Hotel deals – 3 days, 2 nights was under $150
- Squamish – stop and ride their new gondola, the views are amazing.
- Sea to Sky highway – LOVED driving this road again in the Saabaru.
- The Peak 2 Peak gondola was closed 😦
- La Bocca – meh food, skip this place
- Not seeing a bear
- Showcase was closed